Monday, November 25, 2013

Ulri's Best Piece of Advice


With the anxiety of moving to college, I received a lot of amazing advice from those who had already experienced what I was about to go through. The most helpful piece of advice I received came from my mom who told me, "it's your freshman year, have fun and enjoy yourself. Don't get too caught up in getting perfect grades because if you stress yourself out, you won't perform well". This piece of advice has been so helpful because for most of my high school career I had the idea that I needed to be the best at everything and I left little time for my friends. I constantly compared myself to other students which mentally gave me low self-confidence. Low self esteem is harmful to the body because it can actually weaken the immune system. I've learned to just do my best and work hard because that's all I can ask of myself.

-Ulri

No comments:

Post a Comment